The Mill of Bel Air
Barn Quilt Information
Quilt Colors :Yellow, Hunter Green, Orange, Red
Quilt Pattern :Sweet Nectar
Owners :Henry and Brenda Holloway
Location of Barn Quilt :On North side of main retail building along Maulsby Ave.
Artist Name :Jamie Sears
The Mill of Bel Air first opened in 1886, as Reckord Mill built by Henry Reckord. It 1888, it opened to the public as Bel Air Roller Mill which supplied flour, fertilizer and feed to the surrounding community. In 1957, the company was purchased by H. Smith Walter who renamed the business Bel Air Farm Supply and operated it until 1986. It was then purchased by his grandson, Henry Smith Holloway who eventually renamed it The Mill of Bel Air. The Mill continued to make feed and serviced several adjoining counties with horse and livestock feed, fertilizer for crops and pet food and lawn and garden supplies for the surrounding community. The large mill building became obsolete and was torn down to make way for parking and an expanded lawn and garden area in 2009. The Mill now has 7 locations and makes deliveries within a 150 mile radius of the Bel Air location. The Mill of Bel Air continues to be the keystone location and it’s fitting that with it’s deep ties to agriculture through the years, that it is part of the Barn Quilt trail.