Concord Point Lighthouse
Concord Point Lighthouse is the oldest lighthouse in Maryland that is accessible to the public. Built in 1827, the lighthouse was constructed from granite sourced in Port Deposit, MD. The lighthouse is 36 feet tall.
- Second oldest lighthouse in Maryland
- Northern-most lighthouse on the Chesapeake Bay
- Tower walls are 3 feet thick at the base, 18 inches at the top
- The first keeper was John O’Neill, hero of the War of 1812
- Automated in 1920
The lighthouse keepers house, containing a museum and gift shop, is located across the street from the lighthouse.